Charmed 3.09 'Coyote Piper'

'Coyote Piper' features one of Charmed’s most memorable scenes. Piper’s bar dance. Yes, it was pretty great, but it’s not the reason why this episode is so amazing, that’s due to Piper herself not just her bar dancing skills.

Synopsis: On the day of her High School Reunion, Piper is possessed. As her soul begins to die, she desperately tries to get her sisters to save her. Meanwhile Phoebe researches Coles past and Prue hits it off with one of Piper’s old classmates.

I love that Piper was such an ugly duckling during her teen years. Since I kind of went through that awkward high school thing I can totally relate. Piper also has that vibe of an awkward teen about her. I always want to prove just how much I’ve changed since my school days, and it’s really hard being around the people who made you feel so inferior.

When a sister’s life is on the line, like it is here, I think it really makes things far more interesting. Prue is such a great character here. She risks both Leo and Piper’s lives in order to get her back. It was risky, but I think that just proves what a strong connection Prue has with her sisters. Her performance here is great, and her confession to an unconscious Piper is heart wrenching.

Of course, the show had some fun with Piper’s possession too. The bar dance sticks out in everyone’s minds I think! The ‘Hey Bitch’ part is also one that gets me every time.

This is an example of a bad casting move. What was with Keirkan?! Seriously, he looked like he was having an aneurism the entire time he was on screen. It was fun to watch if nothing else anyway.

Despite, or maybe because of, Keirkan the episode was a complete success.

9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment